Thursday, May 14, 2009

Finally Finished!!! The Bamboo Saga




In my earlier post I explained my bamboo project and included a few pics. So after that post my neighbor John was quite complimentary of how it turned out. He wanted to know if I was going to extend it to the end of the yard (West of the house). After some thinking about it (cost is no small aspect) and also looking at the fence from down on my river deck, I decided to do it.




So here is the result. I also stained the bamboo with a protectant and light cedar stain which gives it a gloss as well as excellent protection again water and sun. You might miss it in the pictures but I included a header on the gate...tried to give it a oriental feel. Anyway, alot of work but I'm happy with it.

2 comments:

  1. This project includes a sumo ring, right? Because when we come visit in August, I'm challenging you to an old school match. Bring your sense of honor, and your sumo g-string.

    ReplyDelete