Monday, June 29, 2009

Mom and Dad's New Experience

OK, so Heidi came up with this big surprise for our anniversary (which was delayed celebrating as she was traveling from Manila to home). It was an indoor skydiving place in Odgen, UT called I-Fly. I have to tell you it was fun, it was different, and I'm glad we did it. A great diversion from the same-0-same-0. They gave us a video of it which I will attempt to figure out how to get on this, so we shall see.



They first gave us an orientation session, describing how we should stretch out and hold our arms and legs. They also have hand signals (you can't hear much when wind is going by your ears at 120mph, plus they give you ear plugs for which I was very grateful) so that they can help correct your omissions.



After suiting up in jump suits (no pun intended, in fact I guess that is where they got the name from), helmet, goggles, shoes and ear plugs we headed into a room which has a very serious sealing mechanism for the door. The chamber actually pulls air from the ceiling recirculating it from below. There is a controller who can adjust air speed etc for each individual person and there is also a coach who is in the chamber with you to help position you right and correct your minor mistakes.



Our session was two sessions at two minutes each for a total of four. Sounds pretty short but when you are doing it two minutes is about all the muscles can take to maintain the correct form and position. Hopefully I can get some of this video so you can see Heidi and myself. Great fun, great experience.

Ok, so I have tried and tried to extract pics from our video (which is way too big to post) and have been unsuccessful, so here is a link http://iflyutah.com/index.php?page=660

1 comment:

  1. Dad, send me the video TS file from the DVD via a large file sharing service and I can convert it to a format that you can upload. It takes a little searching but I know such free services exist.

    ReplyDelete