Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My first blog entry

One of my brilliant kids suggested that I start a blog and write about myself. Convinced that I have absolutely nothing interesting to offer, I blew it off. Then they suggested it would be a nice way to keep family in the loop of what Heidi and I were doing such as the new fence I have constructed. So, this being a somewhat slow day (April 15th and the dozen or so tax returns and extension have been filed), I thought I'd see if it was a big deal to start.

I will have to get some photos and other things to make this perhaps a once a weeks affair and maybe it might encourage me to do something interesting for the sake of a more interesting blog.

So with snow flying outside, the river at home almost flooding I officially launch my "Getting Old in the West" blog. Hopefully you won't be too bored with it.
Love Big D

2 comments:

  1. This is a good start. I look forward to your next entry. This is a brilliant idea indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike passed the link onto me. Lucky you! I do look forward to pictures of your fence. You know, the one you threw your back out on. Oh, and more about the bike race you're training for.

    ReplyDelete